- Late for flight
- "see agent"
- no seat available in the next three days
- midnight pick up from the airport by my mother (the babysitter)
- analyzing how, why, and how, again
- searching flights on my blackberry from the car for Mark
- doing "the math" about prize money, appearance fees and whether or not it was "worth it" to "make it happen"
- at 1 am booking a new flight for Mark for which we would have to leave from the airport in five hours
- trying to read French in order to book new train tickets
- Getting up at 5:00 to take Mark back to the airport
Am I upset? Absolutely. This traveling swim wife is now just a swim wife.
Here is the funny part (you knew there would be one)... I took Daisy (the dog) with me in the car to take Mark back to the airport. Why? Because I needed a friend. So, on the way to the airport, Mark and I ran into Dunkin' Donuts for a coffee and when we got back to the car Daisy had left Mark a little "gift" right on top of his suitcase. Why? Because she is my friend. Mark laughed. I laughed. It certainly lightened the mood.
The show must go on...
Don't worry all of you Travel Tip providers-we will still award a winner when Mark returns!